Friday, November 26, 2010

38. Pearl and Susan


4th Street

Fulton, Illinois

September 20, 2010

When I was young, Pearl and her late husband Joel Wolfson were very kind to me after ,my father died. I spent much of my free time with them, was initially a camper, and eventually a counselor at their summer camp. It was in July (2010) that Pearl and I were talking on the phone when she asked about my plans and I told her of our cross-country tour. It turns out that she had never been able to convince Joel to go on such a trip. She asked to join on – and the rest (as they say) is history. Pearl, Susan, and I traveled the Lincoln Highway starting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where we met (and stayed at Uncle Frank and Aunt Ellen’s Squirrel Hill house), and leaving from there to tour the country, ending up after 10 days in Salt Lake City, Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment